Question

Page looks fine in preview but missing the majority of assets when Published.

Badge

I have been designing a landing page for a client. A colleague started the page off using his coding skills and I have since been in and made some edits with my basic knowledge of HTML. 

This all looks fine when previewing, but we have just published the page and most of the assets seem to not be loading/missing

6 replies

Badge

I have been designing a landing page for a client. A colleague started the page off using his coding skills and I have since been in and made some edits with my basic knowledge of HTML. 

This all looks fine when previewing, but we have just published the page and most of the assets seem to not be loading/missing

Hello Ellie1285. I believe you may have inserted a custom HTML block on the page. Please verify that there are no syntax errors. Even a single extra bracket or unclosed tag can cause this type of issue.

Badge

Hi, unfortunately I have little knowledge about code and all the HTML was put together by a colleague who is know longer working at the company so not sure how to fix 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi, unfortunately I have little knowledge about code and all the HTML was put together by a colleague who is know longer working at the company so not sure how to fix 

Well like the previous response mentioned your HTML block must have errors in it. 

You can either try to fix it through something like ChatGPT or you can try hiring someone off of Fiverr/Upwork if you don’t feel comfortable trying to fix it yourself.

Just keep in mind any future edits to the HTML block might require a developer again.

Badge

It turns out it was due to a custom FAQ code, which we have now hidden & has fixed the issue.

However a new issue has come up, I have certain sections that have a different background colour. When publishing the page background is all white. See images of the preview vs published..

Any ideas?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @Ellie1285

Most likely you have some CSS targeting the section background.  

Custom CSS is not executed/visible in the builder but it is when the page is live. 

If you post a link we can confirm it. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@Ellie1285  If you want to hire someone to fix the code issue, I’m ready to help you!

Please reach out to mdmahinurkhan9@gmail.com or WhatsApp: +8801706000034