Solved

Japanese-friendly fonts?

• 11 February 2022
  • 3 replies

We’re creating localized pages and one of the languages is Japanese. Our Japanese native has let me know that the font isn’t appropriate as it’s making some of the characters appear incorrectly (like Chinese character strokes instead).

I’m looking at all the fonts offered as standard and from what I can see, none of them seem to look any different from one another when applied to the Japanese characters. Has anyone created Japanese pages and can recommend a suitable font? Usually for DTP we use Meiryo for example, do I need to add this in as a custom font?

icon

Best answer by Oliver_Lord 14 February 2022, 16:27

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey there Victoria,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

I have had to use Japanese text on pages before and can recommend Kosugi, Noto Sans JP and Sawarabi fonts which are all available in the Unbounce Builder (you can select ‘Add/Remove Fonts’ at the bottom of the list and search for them there).

I also found this page which shows other Japanese-friendly fonts found in the Google Font Library

Hope this helps - there shouldn’t be any need for you to have to add in any custom fonts in this instance 🙂

Thanks so much for your help Oliver!

We applied Kosugi and that solved the issues for us.

Victoria

Userlevel 4
Badge

That’s great news @Victoria_Milton. Happy to hear that this worked for you. 🙂