Is it possible that an unbounce website can rank on top in Google?

• 16 September 2015
  • 4 replies

I have a website http://www.obby.co.uk/ and want to rank it on Top in Google. Please advice.

4 replies

Hey Anjana!

The short answer is yes, it is possible.  My site Commandiv - Learn to Invest is very new, and yet I’ve already seen it move to the top of Bing’s results for the keyterm “commandiv”.  I’m not even on the board yet on Google, but I will be actively trying to drive more traffic soon.  

What you are asking falls under the category of SEO (Search Engine Optimization).  I am relatively new to the concept too, and used the following SEO Ebook from Hubspot to understand the basic concepts.  I think it is a worthwhile ~35 page primer to understand the basics of how Google/Bing search algos work.  

Best,
John

Hello Anjana,

Welcome to the community!  It IS possible to rank high in the search engines 🙂 I am not an SEO - Search Enginge Optimization - nor do I play one on TV, but I can tell you that creating great content is key!  Everybody is competing to appear in the top slots.  There are a lot of technical tricks and tips to make your website more appealing to the search engines, but at the end of the day you need to make it appealing to people.  Create content worth sharing and consider utilizing a tool like SEO Moz. 

Best of luck,

Joe

Hey Anjana!

I’m the SEO Manager here at Unbounce and I’d love to help shed some light on why your page isn’t ranking and what you can do to improve your chances of getting it higher in Google’s results.

As you know from the wonderful people aboveÑyesÑit is possible for your Unbounce page to rank in Google.

The two questions you need to answer now are:

1. What search phrase do you want the page to rank for? 
    Hint: Starting with your brand name + what you do would be a great place to start. i.e. “Obby language courses”, “Obby cooking courses” etc.

2. Why is your page not currently ranking for your brand name?
    Answer: Relevancy and authority.

Let’s talk about what a page needs to accomplish in order to rank in Google.

1. Achieve relevancy in the context of a specific search term i.e. “Obby”. If Google deems your page is more relevant to “Obby” compared to the rest of the pages that mention it, your page can rank higher.

2. Page authority: Simply put, page authority is a measure of the quantity and quality of incoming links pointing towards your page. (i.e. example.com links to your site).

Next Steps
Because your business is new, your best bet is to work on improving the relevancy of your page and linking to it from all of your company’s social profiles. Additionally, if you can get one or two links from other websites that include your company name in the anchor text, that will be a big help.

The main challenge is that the user intent for the search term “Obby” is not clear. How do I know? Search “Obby” in Google and you’ll find a wide variety of results:

• A game by roblox.com called “Mega Fun Obby”
  • The definition of “Obby” in the Urban Dictionary
  • Google News about a guy named Obby Khan
  • etc.

What you need to do is give some context to the word “Obby” so Google knows that it’s a company that does short courses on various fine arts activities, cooking etc.

By using phrases like “Obby cooking courses”, “Obby language courses”, “find fine arts courses with Obby” Google will start to better understand what your page is about and therefore rank it higher in the future for similar searches.

Keep in mind that adding more content to a page can affect your conversion rates. It’s up to you to find the right balance that works!

Hope that helps 🙂

Cody

Its Possible.
If you can’t budget for 6 to 12 months of SEO, you might be better off putting that budget somewhere else. Paying for just a few months of SEO is, in many cases, no better than throwing your money away. SEO is a long term marketing tactic, and shouldn’t be seen as a way to generate sales quickly.

Hope that helps
Rakesh
Imagine Plus Bangalore