Question

How to avoid dark mode on landing page?

• 9 August 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi there,

I have a landing page that’s looking very nice in white. But when dark mode comes (for example android phones) I see the conversion rate going down (which is normal, my logo is with white background, the colors don’t really match the black background etc).

Are there ways to avoid this? It would be great to get to know how you handle it.

Best regards,

Bart

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Xasthur! So unfortunately we don’t have the native capability within Unbounce to determine if the visitor’s screen is on dark mode. A proper solution for this will require the work of a developer using custom code. If it’s of interest to you and would like to hire a developer familiar with Unbounce, feel free to post in our Job Board.

One potential workaround, however, is to build a second variant that is visually compatible with the Dark Mode feature and use Unbounce’s Smart Traffic feature. Smart Traffic looks at factors such as geographic location, timezone, browser, mobile/desktop and operating system, and sends customers to the variant most likely to convert based on previous data. Therefore, if over time Smart Traffic recognizes that the dark mode design shows a higher conversion rate on Android devices, it will naturally send that variant out to incoming Android users. I recently hosted a Smart Traffic Webinar with two of our Agency Partners if it’s of interest.

While it’s not a perfect solution for what you’re looking for, it may be a workaround to help offset the decline in conversion rates. Let me know if you have any follow-up questions on this.