Google Ads Call Conversion Tracking

• 27 February 2019
  • 5 replies

How are you tracking Unbounce Call Conversions in GA?
We have been able to capture the Form submission conversions, but Call conversions aren’t captured.
I have included the AdWords script (modified for GA) for Call tracking into the Header of our landing page, and have also included the Unbounce call tracking script.
I think the problem lies in where to put the “onclick attribute to the phone number” - i.e.

<button onclick="return gtag_report_conversion('tel:800-123-4567')">Call now!</button>

How have you managed to achieve this?
Thanks in advance!

5 replies

Hola Caroline, como pudiste resolverlo? a mi me sucede que copio el código de onclick=“return gtag_report_conversion(‘tel:800-123-4567’);” href=“tel:800-123-4567” dentro de la etiqueta , guardo el cambio y desaparece al volver a consultarlo, solo registra href=“tel:800-123-4567” . Veo que unbounce no procesa los eventos onclick. Alguna sugerencia?

Hi Stefano,

Thank you so much for the suggestion!! I’ve looked into it and it looks very useful, I am going to do a trial with them.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi Caroline - I’d highly suggest using a tool like CallRail for your call tracking. You can easily get this data back into analytics / google ads for keyword level tracking.

Hi Allen,

Thanks for your reply! Much appreciated 😃

Yes I’ve used that article’s instructions but it doesn’t encompass the actual link between GA and Unbounce. It also says at the top that these instructions are out of date and not supported anymore -.-

Best,
Caroline

Review this to see if it helps: https://documentation.unbounce.com/hc/en-us/articles/203509834-Using-Google-s-Website-Call-Conversion-Feature