Question

Embedded Video: Fullscreen Option Not Available

• 28 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

I've embedded a video from my own host. It works, but the fullscreen option is always greyed out. I've tried both, <iframe> and <video> tags, nothing works. Does Unbounce have restrictions?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @Lienhardt84

Generally speaking self hosting videos is really not the optimal solution and unless you know what you are doing you might be “breaking” your site or your UX without knowing it.

(ex. you might be forcing certain browser to download and save the whole video before playing it, or you might have restrictions on your hosting plan for inbound/outbound traffic and that “small” video might add up to that limit pretty fast, you are probably not using CDNs and caching so the end results might be slow loading videos and bad UX overall, etc.)  

Anyway… keeping all of the above in mind, the information you’ve provided is pretty sparse.

We’ll need to see the live page and also the code you’ve used to embed the video, are you using any 3rd party HTML5 video players, what tags are you allowing inside the embed code, and a bunch of other things in order to be able to troubleshoot this for you. 

Last but not least, Unbounce doesn’t have any restrictions or limitations on self hosted videos since they are all loaded through code and your own hosting. Just like you can add any HTML to your Unbounce landing pages, Unbounce just serves the content you add to your page. 

Badge

Hi Hristian,

I just realised that it’s actually working! But it’s only showing when it’s published, not in preview mode. Crazy.

However, I will take your advice and use Vimeo.

Thank you for your time and support.

Best,

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hey @Lienhardt84

Appreciate the update and yes - Vimeo is an excellent choice if you want more control and branding for your videos compared to what YouTube might provide for example. 

Best of luck