Disable popup if form already completed

• 10 November 2018
  • 4 replies

My landing page has:

• a form for collecting leads, which after completion, shows the default confirmation popup
  • an exit intent popup (reminds user to complete the form)

How can I disable that exit intent popup, if the regular form was already completed?

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Ok, so if the form is in the popup itself, it won’t show up again if it was filled out. (I believe that is default behaviour)

If you are talking about a form that is not in the popup but in the regular landing page, then it gets a bit tricky, but impossible is nothing right? 🙂

What I would is this:

1. Install Google Tag Manager
  2. Place the Unbounce tag in the container
  3. Don’t use a confirmation popup but a thank you page.
  4. Now only trigger the unbounce tag if the visitor has not visited the thank you page.
Badge

Did anyone find an answer to this? This really should be a feature of the on-exit popup. I don’t want to create a separate URL for every confirmation page.

Rellay want to know that as well. This is annoying for users that completed the form, exit the page and still get a pop up to do something they ahve already completed seconds ago

Thank you for your answer.

Yes, I am talking about an exit intent pop up. If someone did not fill out the form on the page, I show them a pop up. But if they already filled out the on-page form it’s a mess if they already got the confirmation pop-up but still get “harassed” by the optuion to download what they already did.

Would be great if there was a standard option by Unbounce as I do not use a separate thank-you page. I thought there was a hidden URL for the confirmation pop-up.