Question

Control width of fixed header / footer bar - AKA How to fix one or more ellements in place without 100% width

Badge

Hi guys, 

I’d like to add a fixed CTA button lower right, rather like this… 

https://northernresindriveways.co.uk

I’ve built sticky bars both directly in code and using the “sticky bar” feature - but all of these seem to be 100% page width, which isnt quite what I’m after. 

As per the link above, I’d like to have a button, quite probably “jiggling” like that (jeez, dont you just HATE leadgen UI? ;) ) , with the option of adding a chat feature icon there too in the medium term. 

You’ll note, no full width background, transparent background etc. 

Is it possible to edit the width of a “sticky bar” (using the built in sticky features), or code one by hand?

TIA 

Charles

2 replies

Badge

UPDATE:
Ideally, the sticky ellement (button etc) shouldnt become visible till the user has scrolled x% down the page. 

Getting somewhere hacking around some code for manually inserting a sticky footer, but the UI location of the sticky-button (aligned bottom right hand corner in the UB UI) shows as being left hand corner when previewed… Manually set the button left pos to 800 and its roughly right, but that’ll probably break UB’s responcive function?

Badge

Alternatively, looking at the native UB sticky bars - dont seem to be able to set them to transparent, also have a “x” close icon on them?