Question

Accessibility implementation

• 5 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi

After receiving a lawsuit for not having the right standard of accessibility on our website and landing pages, we started making the right changes.

Regarding Unbounce, because we do not have access to the pages’ code, we are having a hard time correcting the necessary issues.

One of them and the main one is making the page readable for screen reader programs, and for Hebrew as well. Most textual elements on the page is not being read out loud and also not with keyboard navigation. 

To correct all these we need to add things on the pages’ code, which again, we don’t have access to.  

Unfortunately, if we can’t fix these issues we’ll be forced to find a different page builder, otherwise we are prone to more lawsuits, and of coarse we are eager to offer the most accessible experience for our customers.

Help on these issues would be most appreciated.

thanks 

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hey there @guy.avra you can add JavaScript and CSS to your Classic Builder pages, which I have a support documents here that can help you get sorted.

https://documentation.unbounce.com/hc/en-us/articles/203879070-Adding-Custom-JavaScript-and-CSS-in-the-Classic-Builder

Otherwise if you are looking to edit the base code of our builder, you are correct where this is not available to be manipulated.

If you have further concerns that you would want our support team to help with please reach out, https://unbounce.com/contact-us/ .

Badge

Hi Kevin, 

I already contacted your support. They referred me to the community.

Obviously I know I can add Javascript. I was looking for a more helpful discussion with people that may have encountered accessibility issues.

It's a shame Unbounce support can't provide a more humane, and less robotic service to a long time customer. Especially when I'm being clear about the unavoidable decision we'll have to make if there is no solution.

Now, I know our unbounce subscription doesn't include personal service or something like that, but it can be nice if Unbounce support would stop shaking us off and make the minimal effort of trying to assist. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I completely understand, and I am now aware that you reached out to our support team and had a chance to look at your original request. 

I understand your frustration but we just don’t have any ability to provide custom code solutions, we can only do our best to try and point you down a path that will lead you to a solution when it comes to custom code.

Hopefully someone in our Community may have a workaround or idea for your scenario, and I will keep an eye out as well.