Question

Drop down in Smart builder

Badge

Hi! Is there an option to add a drop down menu like or a collapsible type of text using the smart builder? Thank you!

6 replies

Badge

Great question Joane! I’m assuming you’re looking to use this as part of a form? If that’s the case, you can totally do that through editing the form fields. 
To do this: 

1. Click on the field you’d like to add a drop down menu to
  2. Go to the option “EDIT FIELD”
  3. in the FIELD TYPE box, choose a DROPDOWN 

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions :) 

Badge

Hi! Thank you for the response. We’re actually gonna use this as like an FAQ type where there are questions and then the explainer/answer for each will be in a collapsible form so that the page will not be too long.

Badge

Got it Joane! Would this be helpful: 

Edit: This is a Classic Builder solution and the Smart Builder does not currently offer this as of June 2nd, 2022.

Badge

I believe this is possible for the Classic Builder only? I’m using Smart Builder so I don’t think I can add a script to the page I’m creating.

Badge

Yes, for the time being that is correct. It is possible only through the Classic Builder. Technically,  there is a way to implement this through your own custom script and add it through the script manager. The other way is if someone builds an app for it in the Smart Builder. For now we don't have a ready-made functionality for collapsible sections. I’ll take this feedback to our product teams, will update you Joane if anything new comes out of it! 

Badge

Thank you! Looking forward to more updates and functionality to the Smart builder soon.