Question

Conversion Tracking 3rd Party Form, Multiple Domains...

Badge

Hello All,

I’m wondering if anyone has run into this issue and found a suitable workaround.

I’m looking to track conversions with Unbounce for AB split testing… but I have a set up that is making it difficult.

Right now, with one funnel, I have 4 domains and 5 clients who I distribute leads to using Leadbyte for dist. and Leadshook for decision tree lead capture.

In order to make use of unbounce conversion tracking, leads must fill out the form to completion  and hit a thank you page on the SAME root domain otherwise it won’t count.

With my funnel, leads can complete a form on any of the 4 domains and currently they’re routed through to a thank you page based on the client that is getting the lead.

One option that isn’t really viable would be creating 20 (multiplying as more clients come on board) thank you pages and updating the back end to direct people to the correct thank you pages depending on the client/root domain the filled out the form on.

There has to be a better way?

If only Unbounce allowed us to apply some code to the thank you page to allow tracking from a landing page on one domain to the thank you page on another domain, this would be solved but according to support it’s not possible.

Does anyone know of a workaround?

Failing that, does anyone have any recommendations on using a 3rd party Conversion/AB Split testing tool to get the same result?

Thanks for reading.

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Nick, this is a bit of a tricky scenario for sure. As you noted, our External Conversion Tracking script works only on the same root domain to ensure the snippet can fire correctly. 

One workaround that may work for you here is having your Form Redirect Based on a Dropdown Field Value. This will require you to use an Unbounce form, but it would allow for you to dynamically change the Thank You Page the customer is sent to.

Can you confirm what CRM/3rd Party Form you’re using? If an integration exists this could work. 

Badge

Hey, thanks for coming back to me. I’m using Leadshook at the moment and Leadbyte for lead distribution.

Thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge

No problem @nick2. I did a bit of research quickly to see if there’s a webhook or some alternative workaround that would allow you to use an Unbounce form but given Leadshook’s decision tree-style logic it looks like it would have to be a 3rd party form via our Custom HTML widget.

While I understand it is not ideal, my recommendation would be to create the individualized Thank You Pages in Unbounce as you mentioned. Your landing pages can be easily duplicated in Unbounce and you can also copy and paste individual sections between pages, which could save you a good amount of time.

Happy to help should anything else come up.