[How-to] Add a Smart "Back to Top" Button

• 4 February 2016
  • 32 replies

Show first post

32 replies

Exactly what I needed…

I do have a question for you JS savvy people: Is there a way to scroll to the bottom of the page?

Right now, I have a form that appears at the top of page and this is perfect for getting people back to the form, on desktops.

However, for mobile devices, it works as expected except on mobile devices, the form appears at the bottom of the page but the button scrolls to the top of page.

Can anyone help out with some js to:

1. scroll to bottom of page instead of top but only on mobile devices?
  2. scroll to bottom of page for desktop and mobile?

Thanks for any help!

Hi, Im hoping someone can help me here.

Ive managed to create the back to top button, except I want to add an ‘arrow’ to the button. As a newbie, I’m not sure where to place it in the JS code.

I’ve uploaded an image called ‘arrow-2’ to my images, but I have no idea where to place it within the script.

Ive attached a screenshot of of the current back to top icon. Hopefully I can hear from you guys how to fix this.

Scroll_Up

@Noah
Hi, I’ve managed to apply the back to top button on my page: https://www.getfello.com/watisfello/
But, how can I manage that the back to top button starts at the same position as the one that is fixed on the top of the page? I played around with the numbers in the stylesheet, but it didn’t work. Hope you can help me!

I’ve done all the necessary steps and my back to top button doesn’t seem to be working. Smooth scrolling is working fine though. Can someone help me?

Did anyone figure out how to make the button disappear on the bottom?

Badge

Hey guys, amazing post - thank you so much!!

For anyone interested, I made a short video here showing how to do this in Unbounce:

Hope this helps!

Ivan

Thank you! Works very well but what do I need to do to change the “back to top” function to “open a lightbox” function? Thanks