Solved

Just Launched: Pass Incoming URL Parameters to Outgoing Button Links

Show first post

35 replies

Never mind, I figured it out and tested it and it worked! replace the word text for the word image 🙂

Good to know, Luisa!  Thanks for sharing 🙂

Good find, Luisa!

Hello - Any suggestions for passing URL data from subdomain.domain.com to a TypeForm embed code on a lightbox page? I ld like to pass the gclid from URL through Typeform form. Thanks!

Great question 

It doesn’t look like this works for form completions. So if someone fills out a form and it’s set to redirect to a Thank You page on the website, only the values in the form fields get passed on, but not the GCLID info. So it works for click thru buttons but not forms for some reason.

Has this been addressed somewhere?

Userlevel 6

Hi @Alexs you can do this with a form by collecting the incoming URL parameter values using hidden fields in your form. For example a hidden field called GCLID in your Unbounce form will automatically grab the gclid value form the URL parameter.

You can then click the “Append Form Data to URL” checkbox option in the properties panel when the form is selected and that value will be passed through as a URL parameter after the form is submitted.

Here’s some docs on it as well - http://documentation.unbounce.com/hc/en-us/articles/203799174-Adding-and-Editing-Form-Fields/#content4

Hope this helps!

Hi Rob,

Thank you for getting back to me. The issue is that this approach doesn’t
seem to be working. I’ve have the hidden field set up, and when I try it
with a test url using ?gclid=12345, the page it redirects to has the form
fields referenced in the URL, but not the gclid.

Thank you.
Alex

Userlevel 6

Can you share the page URL with me so I can take a look for you and hopefully find an answer? Feel free to shoot an email over to support@unbounce.com as well and I can help you out there 🙂

Hi Rob,

You can find it here:
http://help.therapyinbaltimore.com/couples-therapy/a.html

Thank you.
Alex