[Feature Release]: Create groups for your pages!

• 24 September 2011
  • 31 replies

Show first post

31 replies

I know this tool is primarily designed for single landing pages, but we’ve really found the tool helpful for developing small micro-sites that allow us to promote an online service that we offer. So we have different pages for video content, pricing, partners, sign-up…etc.

We’ve setup each page to have different conversions to help us see how succesful we are at leading people to a final conversion of signing up.

This has been alot easier to do through Unbounce rather than creating a microsite and only using UnBounce for the sign-up/landing page.

The groups are great, and will make it very easy to manage a large number of landing pages, but this won’t help with having similar linked pages, will it?

We have a similar nav on each page and they all link to eachother. Obviously any change to the header or the navigation must be tweaked on each of the landing pages we’ve created, which is timely and opens a lot of variables for mistakes.

Is there something in this new group feature or on the road map for linking together landing pages to create a micro-site? Maybe this would be something that is available to the 100,000+ unique visitor accounts?

I get that’s on the roadmap, but the realistic nature of roadmaps means they always take some time (longer than promised, always… 🙂 and this is a real key feature. If user accounts and passwords are the big goal, is a password on a group an easier interim measure to get 80% there in 20% of the time? the other thing that worries me about user accounts is that people always think they should limit the number of users and charge more - when in my experience that’s a big turn off, especially for a small company or a non profit - which may have many users but not much income.

Ahh ya I understand what you mean – once we take care of the things on my list above for page grouping, we’ll be moving on to multi-user and multi-client features (for larger companies and agencies) that will likely provide a real solution to your problem (having different logins for each user within a company, and having permissions for those users.)

Exactly. In an ideal world they wouldn’t even see the groups they didn’t have access to. I have three unbounce accounts to look after different organisations because I can’t segment like this. If the fastest way is to simply add a password I’ll settle, but a way to check the groups that a person has access to would be awesome. People with a little knowledge can ruin something in seconds without these restrictions…

Hey Matalin, how do you want to use passwords with your groups? I’m assuming you are currently sharing your Unbounce login/password with other team members, are you hoping to restrict access to certain pages for those team members?

The groups need passwords (optional) and then it’s a killer feature!