New mobile redirection script

Show first post

54 replies

Hi Quinn and Mark,

Thanks for your replies. My comment was regarding the retention of original page stats after redirect, which doesn’t seem possible.

To illustrate, we had a webinar registration page in Unbounce. After the webinar took place, we posted the recording and slide deck to a resources page on our website. I’ve redirected the registration page to the new resources page, but the views on the registration page continue to climb, impacting our conversion statistics for that design.

It’s not “the end of the world”, but it would be great to have an option where the original page (in this case, the registration page) stats retained for future analysis on the most effective designs.

Thanks again,

Amanda

Userlevel 2

Hi Amanda. Please see Quinn’s reply below! I’d also like to add that either version of this script (and the older one too) will perform the redirect without waiting to load the page, as long as you ensure the script placement is ‘Head’. Thanks!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi Amanda - If you use the mobile only redirect, that will affect your desktop stats. The “to mobile and desktop” redirect code will let you keep your mobile and desktop stats separate though.

If you create a third page with just the mobile and desktop redirect code on it, you can direct people to that URL. They’ll then be pushed to either the desktop page or the mobile page. You’ll get the double counts on the page with the redirect, but the stats for your individual mobile and desktop stats will be kept separate,

This is a much better redirect option than the previous suggestions using meta refresh scripts and regular redirect javascript. The experience is far improved since the original page doesn’t load before redirecting.

However, the view statistics of the original page are still impacted. Is there any way around that?

Thanks,

Amanda