Solved

How do I rename the layers in Contents

• 5 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

I am aware that this is a very basic question, but somehow I’m unable to rename the layers in the Content column.

I can’t rename Sections for example. It’s quite confusing.

I’m using Win10 and Chrome (with a few extensions) and like what is shown here in this video, it’s doable. I’ve tested on Edge with the same results.

Is there something in my browser that I can check? I’ve double clicked furiously on the name and icon of the layers to no avail.

icon

Best answer by Michael_McInnes1 9 October 2023, 17:59

View original

4 replies

It’s not you. This just started happening to me yesterday. I was working on a page, then suddenly, I wasn’t able to rename ANY of my layers or elements. I’ve tried this on several different pages, I’ve logged out and logged back in, and it is STILL not working. I work in Unbounce a lot and this is EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING! I’ve got multiple elements that need to be moved around and it is almost impossible to keep track of any of them. This seems to be some kind of bug, which I hope is fixed ASAP. I’ve already put a ticket in, so maybe someone can fix this soon?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @howie and @mikenap thanks for posting! 🙌  This is indeed an issue that our team is aware of and actively working on. This only seems to affect the newest Chrome update (>v117). As a workaround you can try using another browser like Firefox or an older version of Chrome (<v117) for the time being. Please let me know if that helps! 🙏 

@Michael_McInnes1 Thanks for the update! will switch to Firefox for a bit.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

The issue seems to have been fixed with the latest Google Chrome update. 

If you haven’t done so by now… update your browser and you should be able to rename the elements without an issue.