Question

Conversion Tracking After Shopify Purchase From Unbounce

• 21 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

I’ve been trying to find the answer to this but for some reason there isn’t a clear answer 😫

Thank you for your patience as I’m still a baby when it comes to this...

I want to utilize Google Ads to track conversions from the final Shopify purchase that comes from my Unbounce landing page. From my understanding, since I currently use a sub-domain, I don’t need to utilize cross domain tracking?

What is the process to set this up so that my google ads is tracking conversions correctly?

My funnel currently looks like this:

google ads → Unbounce landing page (offer.domain.com) → Shopify checkout (www.domain.com) → Purchase

Thank you!!!

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @Hakka Productions, thanks for posting! 👋

You can find out how Google Ads Conversion tracking works in Unbounce here: 

https://documentation.unbounce.com/hc/en-us/articles/203509804-Adding-Google-Ads-Conversion-Tracking-to-Your-Page-in-Classic-Builder

Please feel free to reach out to our support team if you need any extra help with the setup, you can find out how to reach us here: https://unbounce.com/contact-us/support/

Have a great week ahead! 

There are two ways to set up conversion tracking for Shopify purchases originating from your Unbounce pages:

1. External Conversion Tracking with Shopify Order Status Page:

This method is simpler but requires both your Unbounce page and Shopify order confirmation page to have the same root domain.

Steps:

1. Log in to your Shopify store.
  2. Go to Settings > Checkout and Accounts.
  3. Scroll down to the Order Status page section.
  4. In the Additional Script box, paste the following code:

JavaScript

var _ubad = 'PAGE-DOMAIN-ON-UNBOUNCE'; // Replace with your Unbounce page domain
var _ubaq = _ubaq || [];
_ubaq.push(['trackGoal']);
(function() {
var ub_script = document.createElement('script');
ub_script.type = 'text/javascript';
ub_script.src = '//' + _ubad + '/_ub/static/ets/t.js';
document.body.appendChild(ub_script);
})();

Use code with caution

content_copy

1. Replace PAGE-DOMAIN-ON-UNBOUNCE with the actual domain of your Unbounce page.
  2. Save your changes.

2. Google Tag Manager with Enhanced Conversions:

This method offers more flexibility and data capture but requires setting up Google Tag Manager (GTM) on both Unbounce and Shopify.

Steps:

On Unbounce:

1. Install Google Tag Manager on your Unbounce page.
  2. Create a "Conversion Tracking" tag in GTM triggered on your "Thank You" page after a successful purchase.
  3. Use the "Google Ads Conversion Tracking" template and enter your conversion action ID.
  4. (Optional) Configure Enhanced Conversions to send additional user data.

On Shopify:

1. Install Google Tag Manager on your Shopify store.
  2. Create a "Page View" tag triggered on the order confirmation page.
  3. Set the "Enhanced Conversions" option to "Yes.".

Additional notes:

• Ensure your Unbounce page and Shopify order confirmation page have the same currency settings.
  • Test your conversion tracking thoroughly before relying on its data.
  • Refer to Unbounce and Google Tag Manager documentation for detailed instructions based on your platform and specific needs.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

You can reach out to us for help here: https://incisiveranking.com/contact/