Installing Cookies on Unbounce Langind Page

• 2 September 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I have created a landing page but I want to include a pop up where it specifies that we use cookies, so we can track the users that visit us. We are including a form for us to get leads.

How can I do this?

Thank you

4 replies

Badge +3

Welcome @Valeria_Vila!

You can use a popup or sticky bar: https://documentation.unbounce.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020389312-Installing-Your-Popup-Sticky-Bar-in-Unbounce

Hi Adam,

Thanks for answering. I already did the step by step as the documentation suggests but nothing happened. Do I have to use code at any point, im asking because I don’t know code. I believe I have to use code at step 5 ( * Paste your line of Popup or Sticky Bar script in the text box below. Ensure your tags are included in this text field)?

Thanks!

Badge +3

No worries! It’s pretty simple once you get the hang of it.

First, build your popup or sticky bar. This works just like the Unbounce page builder. When you’re comfortable with it, save it and you’ll land back on the setup screen for it.

Scroll down and fill out your targeting information. This is the URL of the site/page you want it on, and how/when you want it to show.

Finally, scroll down to the Installation section and copy your embed code. It will begin and end with “script” and carrots.

Now, on to your page.

Edit it, and click “Javascripts” in the black bar on the bottom. You’ll change three things here:

• The name of the script (can be anything; so you can find it later)
  • The placement (make it “Head”)
  • The code (just paste it verbatim)

Click save and republish. It should show now!

Thanks so much for the help Adam!