What's the best way to get street addresses to autocomplete?

• 25 September 2015
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’d like to create a lead capture page where the street address form field autocompletes from a database of addresses. Tools like https://smartystreets.com/docs/plugin look like they would be helpful, but how would this be able to be implemented into an Unbounce page? Has anyone done this before?

6 replies

Hello Nicholas,

Sounds like an interesting test to see if it would boost your conversions.  Checked it out briefly and it looks like you could just put html code or jquery with custom field mapping (specifying in the jquery the fields of your form that you want to autocomplete).

I have never used smartystreets and do not know if it would actually increase conversion rates, but it looks like it could be done.  My mindset is that if someone is already typing their address in then most would likely complete it, BUT if you have recorded sessions where you are seeing people abandoning the address field of the form then perhaps it’s worth an A/B test 🙂

Best of luck,

Joe

Nicholas, can you show some code examples of how you were able to use smarty streets with your unbounce pages please? I am having a very difficult time understanding all of the coding.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @Matthew_Grzesiak,

I took a quick look at the Smartystreets docs and it looks pretty straight forward.

Just make sure you’ve properly mapped your fields. More info about it here.

If you provide an example of the page you are working on, the community might be able to help you troubleshoot it.

Best,
Hristian

I worked through the SmartyStreets code and got it working. Thank you for your help.

I now am passing this address through in a url with id=street_address.

Do you have an example script that would pull the “street_address” parameter out to generate a google map. If so, how would I format it and where would I put this script in Unbounce to make it work?

Userlevel 7

Hi all, a little late to this thread, but I’ve just posted a guide to integrating Google Address autocomplete on Unbounce forms! Just thought I’d post this as another option for autocompleting addresses…

Here’s a link: [Tips & Scripts] Google Address Autocomplete

This code is not longer valid as some features have been depriciated