What is the best way to track client leads and sales?

I’m offering a service to clients where I set up their Facebook ads. Instead of charging a flat fee, they can pay me on commission from sales referred from the Facebook Ads I setup.

Can anyone recommend any software for tracking sales and commissions made by the ads I have setup?

I usually integrate Google Analytics and use Google Campaign URL builder, but is there a software that track leads and sign ups to show clients they are the direct results of my advertising?

Hi @sean83,

One way to track commission based work is through some kind of an affiliate program.

Depending on what platform your client is using there might be different options/apps for tracking affiliate sales.

Also, if you are the only one doing Facebook ads for them, Google Analytics and link tagging might be enough. As well as tracking conversions with the Facebook pixel.

It all really depends on what your client is using.

Best,
Hristian

Hey @sean83,

Awesome to see you are doing this for your clients. I am in a similar business so I get it.

Just a few things:

I’m offering a service to clients where I set up their Facebook ads. Instead of charging a flat fee, they can pay me on commission from sales referred from the Facebook Ads I setup.

I see a huge risk in this for you since whether or not your clients get leads depends on many factors – their products/services, market fit, pricing, seasonal (if any), and many others.

If you had to do this, you could just sign up with an affiliate CPA program and you’d at least have everything tracked and managed for you. Clients are risky as it is, and this is a level of risk you’d rather not take.

Can anyone recommend any software for tracking sales and commissions made by the ads I have setup?

But if you still have to do it this way, I agree with @Hristian. Use a tool/software that helps you setup affiliate programs, or have your client set up an affiliate program.

I usually integrate Google Analytics and use Google Campaign URL builder, but is there a software that track leads and sign ups to show clients they are the direct results of my advertising?

There might be a way to setup exclusive Google UTM parameters to make this work for you (and track everything in analytics), if this is the route you want to take.

Hi @sean83 the answers here will work alright if the sales happen online and happen pretty quickly after the lead comes in from your FB ad campaigns. If you need to account for sales that happen offline through a sales rep then you’d need to pass through a “lead source” attribute that gets attached to the lead in your client’s CRM.

It’s possible to do that through an invisible field in an unbounce opt in form and just tag the lead source as your company or you can do it using UTL parameters that you tag in your FB ad URL if you need all details of the ad targeting and cost to be paired with the downstream lead. Either way there has to be some cooperation from your client to collect that data on their side.

Let me know if you are in fact looking for longer term or offline sales attribution. I’m happy to share more details if it’s relevant.