What gets in your way when you're optimizing your campaigns?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1
  • Former Community Manager @ Unbounce
  • 831 replies

Hey! You’re seeing this message because you’re a valuable member of the Unbounce Community.

We (@WinnieJung and I) want to get a better understanding of how we can help you optimize your campaigns and address the specific pain points that resonate most with you – and this is where we need your input.

When you optimize campaigns, what are the biggest blockers of success?

• 💰 Cost to reach conclusion
  • 🕐 Time to reach conclusion
  • 🤔 Confidence in what to test
  • ⚖️ Other high priority tasks get my attention
  • 🤖 I know it can’t be optimized for everyone
  • 🙅‍♀️ None of the above (let us know in the comments below!)

0 voters

Thank you so much for your feedback. Again, if you don’t see the right option on this list, feel free to let us know in the comments, we’re all ears!

All the best,

– Jess & Winnie 👋

11 replies

The biggest blocker for me is usually how bare-bones the analytics are with Unbounce. I can’t see whether a variant bombed because mobile traffic hated it and desktop loved it, or any sort of geo information.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Fair! Would you say that if you could have one added insight in your analytics, it would be mobile vs desktop traffic?

Siento que faltan mas herramientas para poder medir y así para poder optimizar bien
por ejemplo: tiempo de duración en la landing… mapa de calor…
Podría leer la UTM para saber cuál es el canal que falla, en una de esas el comportamiento es distinto dependiendo de donde viene el cliente.
Y lo que dice Jeffp es muy cierto… que entregue estadísticas móvil vs escritorio.
Thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@jeffp - May I highly suggest setting up Google Analytics? You can find so much information on your users when set up properly. We have even set up reports that pull this information out so we don’t have to jump into GA and sort all of the time! Feel free to message me if you’d like some help setting that up!

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

I answered, “Other high-priority tasks get my attention” - but it is really time in general (as far as I see it).

Gathering materials needed to start can be a difficult task, even if we just talk about landing pages. You need a research period, brand standards (if you’re lucky), content, graphics/photos (not stock photos hopefully), CRM hookups, custom scripts (if needed), QA, internal and client approvals (that one can take a really long time 😅). The same goes for ads as well! Then once you get established, there is of course ongoing reporting and maintenance. So then to optimize, you need to begin with again research and analyzing.

I am very fortunate to have a team of hard-working people with experience to knock these out, but starting out can be tough. Developing a thorough process can keep you on track!

Badge

My main client insists on featuring the price and financing as the primary Headline. This is a very competitive field, so it’s a contest to see who offers the lowest prices. I would like to include other aspects such as quality of service or warranty or other things as the featured Headline versus placing those things lower on the page. But, budgetary constraints prevent the creation of too many variants.

Gah I’d love to have a date range tool for analytics… sometimes I need to test my live pages or I’m changing a traffic source. But, I don’t want to have to delete ALL of my data for my pages. I’m stuck between resetting to zero or having dirty data.

Right now it’s all or nothing.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@dan-stl If you don’t want to set up a full GA report, my advice would be to set up a simple Google Sheet to keep track of past experiments! This way you can have that archived data (even adding additional detail if you please) and then you can have clean data when running an experiment! It is a little extra work, but it would be worth it!

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

I know this may sound controversial. But, I believe many others feel this way, or have felt this way at least a few times. It’s difficult to want to say this because you may fear how it makes you look like a professional when working with clients on a day-to-day basis. But, I believe one of the biggest and often ignored blockers are your clients or boss - there I said it!

There’s this belief that because someone or an organization has signed on to have you do work for them that they automatically trust you. Yes, there is absolutely a sense of trust involved in boarding a new client or getting a new job, but that is only the first hurdle of trust. Once the work begins you need to find a way to build a solid relationship with your clients and colleagues so that they trust the decisions or recommendations you are making are valid, worth testing, and potentially may yield successful results. After all, it is their money and time.

I’ve worked for many agencies, I’ve run a few, and even been the in-house guy. I have myself and seen others get blocked simply because a client or boss is afraid, against the idea for whatever reasons, or may not even understand what is it is that needs to be done to optimize. Let’s be honest, there is a risk with every test, and a lot of people just don’t want to take risks.

All of the above come to cost and knowledge. Getting people to believe that you know what you are doing or talking about and that it is worth spending the money on it. That is the most difficult task any of us will face.

This doesn’t really answer your initial question “how can we help” but I think it is worth considering. Maybe the answer is, how do we pitch that Unbounce is the tool that can help accomplish all these things and more?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

So good to hear from you, Brendan!

I can answer your question with another question (cue Inception sound bit)

How can Unbounce empower you to convince your clients/teams/agencies that with this tool, you’re able to yield successful results?

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Touché!

And I would agree entirely … how?