WebHook: POST your form data to a URL ERROR

• 17 November 2016
  • 10 replies

Hi,

Under my WEBHOOK POST TO URL, I set the URL pointing to our server example: http://free-int.sample.dk/unbounce-webhook-email.php.

But it shows an error:

Forbidden
WebHook URL: http://free-int.sample.dk/unbounce-webhook-email.php
HTTP Response Code: 403

How to fix this issue?

Best,

KayJ

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi KayJ,

What exactly are you trying to accomplish with the webhook? And have you successfully used that webhook before on other pages?

I wanted to validate the input fields from the other website if the information is existing or not. I don’t know if this is possible on unbounce.com.

The webhook serve as a bridge between unbounce.com and another website. If you have an idea, can you help me how?

Thanks!

Hi Nicholas, this is my first time using the unbounce and webhook.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @KayJ,

Webhooks, in general, are used to push data from A to B. It’s not intended to query a database or another site.

Form validation should be used to validate fields before the form is submitted or if you have an API access, you can use that to check if a specific value already exists in your DB.

Hope this points you in the right direction.

Best,
Hristian

P.S. The answer to your original question: The problem might be from the permission settings of the file when you uploaded it. Should be set to 664.

Hi Hristian,

Do you have sample API access on how does it work?

Best,

Kay

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi Kay,

I think you are missing the point a bit - APIs are service/product specific.

Whatever tool/service you are using to store your customers/leads information that’s where you need to look for the API. Almost all 3rd parties offer some kind of programmatic access to your own account and the information stored in it.

You’re already storing this information somewhere since you want to check against it for duplicates, right?

Best,
Hristian

Hi Hristian,

Thanks for the response. I’m confused at first, I understand now what you
mean. 🙂

Hi,
When I set posting URL in webhook, and configure field mapping correctly on capturing leads webhook is showing failed response like this:
{
“result”: “failed”,
“price”: “0.00”,
“msg”: “Invalid Request”,
“errors”: [
{
“error”: “Invalid Request”
}
]
}

@Saba_Ashraf did you ever find a solution to this? I’m receiving the exact same error.

Yes, the fields should be mapped correctly. If You have fields like first name, last name etc, you can use them in the webhooks like your-posting-url?first_name=(first_name)&last_name=(last_name). All the field names should match exactly w.r.t your field names in the CRM (where your leads are submitted).