WebHook: Post to URL with Pardot to Update SF Campaign Status

• 24 October 2016
  • 1 reply

We’d like to be able to automate updating a campaign status for someone in a Salesforce campaign upon application completion.

The best way I can think to do this would be through the post to URL. For example, posting the email address to a Pardot form where the Pardot form completion action is to tag them, which an automation rule is set to update their status in the Salesforce campaign. The campaign is an “application” that is setup on four separate forms to break up the whole form application into pieces rather than a giant form all at once. The final page has an automated email once completed, but I’d also like to figure out a way to update the salesforce campaign status. Keep in mind, all of these applicants are existing contacts in Salesforce. So I need a solution that does not create new records (Zapier), but just recognizes the email address field to be able to tag.

This is currently set up as a form handler and configured to work.

Now, the issue we are running into is losing the dynamic text (parameters) that personalize the application completion page. For example, “Thank you, {First Name}”. The link without the post to URL disabled works just fine.

When the WebHook is enabled, we lose the dynamic text that pulls from the appended data and just see the default finish page.

I have to believe that there is a way for the data to append from the Unbounce form submission through the Post to URL and back to the redirect page.

Any Pardot/Unbounce users out there?

1 reply

I am having the same issue - I need to both post to a Pardot form handler URL (to trigger completion actions in our system) AND to pass the form data through to the confirmation page. It seems I can do one or the other, but not both.