Webhook payload does not include Lead_Id from unbounce lead

• 1 October 2020
  • 4 replies

Our webhook receives the page id and lead form data but not unbounce generated lead id (UUID) in the payload.

Is there a reason it is not included?

Sometimes our webhook fails to record the lead in our CRM due to various reasons (record locks, crm in read-only mode etc.,). We would like to go back and find the leads that are not recorded in our crm and load them via a batch job.

We can do that if we can record the lead id as part of our data in our crm and the batch job can compare the lead ids in unbouce with the lead id in crm, and then add it to our crm if it is missing in our data.

4 replies

Badge +3

@Venkat_Polisetti -

Zapier makes the ID available. What I’d do is build a backup zap into Google Sheets that contains that information. That way everything is memorialized. If something fails – and hopefully there’s a way to notify you automatically if something fails – we can figure out a way to go get the record.

@Adam_Smartschan,

Thank you for your reply. I am not using Zappier in my case.

I have written my own webhook and connected that to my landing page. Upon submit, Unbounce is sending the lead information to my webhook but that lead info does not contain the lead id.

Somehow unbounce choose not to include that in the payload that is sent to the webhook.

Badge

In my opinion I consider Zapier as one of the items on short list of required enterprise applications. It has proven to be such a useful, robust time saver that it is indispensable. I POST just about every lead to a Zapier web hook because it gives me full control over the output. I can parse the JSON as well as create conditional rules not to send the lead anywhere where to send it. I include in my Zapier workflow a series of steps including email validation (using QuckEmailVerification) and also IP2Location (gives me geographical data without having to run local scrips). I make decisions based upon whether the lead email is from a free source, then I pass the email validation along with the input from the Unbounce web hook POST. From there I can send the data anywhere, such as our CRM system or marketing automation system (Zoho Marketing Hub or Active Campaign). Using Zapier has made all of this pretty much foolproof and I am also able to eliminate many of the scripts I was running locally on my Unbounce pages.

Is there any chance I can receive lead_id without any third party service integration in pure unbounce webhook? May be using some JS?