Webhook in API forces "opt-in=false"

• 26 April 2018
  • 6 replies

I’m using ht e webhook to integrate Unbounce with Klaviyo.

The API is built so that it forces no double opt-in, which overrides the double opt-in confirmation setting in Klaviyo

This need to be configurable in Unbounce, especially with the GPDR changes coming.

Please advise how I can get Unbounce to stop removing the confirmation

6 replies

Userlevel 5

Hey Dan,

I want to make sure I understand your issue. Especially when you mention Klaviyo gets override-en…

So a user submits a form on Unbounce >then>
The information is sent to Klaviyo via API >then>
Klaviyo says to Unbounce, “Hey this information is already here. I don’t want it.” >then>
Unbounce says, “I don’t care, I was told to send this to you. So you have to take it.” >then>
Klaviyo is forced to take a second submission.

Is that what is happening?

Presumably so after speaking to the Klaviyo support team.

They highlighted to me the opt-in flag status in the Unbounce API and that was stopping the subscription confirmation emails being sent.

What would make sense would be for the setting to be available in Unbounce so we have the choice of how to configure things. As it stands, Unbounce is making the decision for us. Which given the forthcoming GDPR legislation next month isn’t ideal

Userlevel 5

Ah okay, well I have never run into this with the webhooks I use. So I won’t try and confuse or make things worse.

I’ll tag the @API-Devs in here to see if they can take a shot at this.

Hey @DanKnowlson,

I’m not at all familiar with the Klaviyo API - could you give me an idea of what the API call would look like (i.e. payload, query string params, headers, etc.). A cURL command would help me figure out what is expected (or if you have a link to the API docs, that would be good too).

Web hooks are pretty general-purpose things. A concept like “opt-in” would be specific to whatever API you’re hitting. If the API allows you to set the opt-in via either the HTTP payload or query string parameters, you should be ok.

Cheers,
H

Klaviyo support said that the setting is in the Unbounce API

Hmm…hard to tell what they mean by “the setting is in the Unbounce API” without a bit more context. Regardless, if you can give me an idea what the outbound HTTP call should look like (cURL, api docs, whatever), I might be able to point you in the right direction.