Unique Gift Landing Page Feedback

• 10 January 2017
  • 2 replies
  • 1 view

I’d like to know if the message is clear and the CTA is strong enough.

1. Can you quickly understand what the product is?
  2. Is the page intuitive?
  3. Is the CTA clear and strong enough?

Here’s the link: http://104.236.69.235/first-anniversary-gift/

Thanks for your help!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey Brent!

To answer your questions in order:

1. It took me a while to understand what the product was, so I would say no to this.
  2. Yes, the page is intuitive, but only if I take the time to read it all
  3. Right now I’d say the CTA could use a bit of work, the button says Submit, but I can’t be sure what/why I’m submitting until I’ve read all of the content. I’d consider changing the CTA to “Register For A Personalized Anniversary Gift”, it’s a bit long, but it gives a bit more information.

In the first 5 seconds of glancing at your page (which is often how long a user would spend determining what your website is offering) the message isn’t very clear. There’s a lot of text in a light colour against a white background and that makes it tricky to see.

I wasn’t sure what your page was offering until I read “MyDayRegistry is an exclusive online registry where you can dedicate a specific date by month, day, and year in honor of a special event or person in your life.” I would bump that to a more prominent position on your page, and maybe shorten the message a bit so it’s easier to digest when the user lands on your page.

That’s more information than you asked for, but hopefully it gives a bit of a starting point!

Cheers,

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hey Brent,

I think @jess hit the nail on the head with her response. I agree with her points.

It was difficult for me to get a sense for what the page was about within the first 5 seconds. It takes a lot of reading. Try featuring a big and bold headline at the top, and maybe bump the video higher up on the page as well.

Also, I’d change the text for the “Submit” button to something more descriptive, such as “Check Availability” or Claim My Day."

Overall, nice design, but because there is so much text and so much white and gray on the page, it is difficult to focus on any one section. I’d use a little more contrast and imagery to break up the text.

Also, the date form fields don’t display fully for me. The day and year fields get cut off. Maybe it’s just my browser. Just wanted to point it out.

Best of luck with the page!