Unbounce forms and Unbounce HTML widget

• 2 January 2014
  • 6 replies

In Unbounce, is it possible to embed an Unbounce form widget into an html widget?

6 replies

Hey Chris - I followed up with your question in the Aweber forum. As mentioned, unfortunately you can’t embed an Unbounce form into Unbounce’s Custom HTML placeholder widget. That being said, can I please ask your use case? If I can understand what you want to do I may be able to offer another suggestion or a viable workaround. Thanks!

Hey Chris - I followed up with your question in the Aweber forum. As mentioned, unfortunately you can’t embed an Unbounce form into Unbounce’s Custom HTML placeholder widget. That being said, can I please ask your use case? If I can understand what you want to do, I may be able to offer another suggestion or a viable workaround. Thanks!

Hey Lou

OK … well, here’s the quick and dirty. I was tasked with replicating one of our mobile sites in unbounce for the purpose of taking advantage of unbounce’s flexibility with campaigns and tracking.

Below is a copy of the original variant (which used an embedded hard coded form in the HTML widgets):
http://debthelp.consolidatedcredither…

This will not work bc we need to be able to take advantage of the unbounce webhook (db Connector) as our own dB connectors are not accessible from the unbounce platform.

I’m now in the process of rebuilding the original variant forms into unbounce forms and doing away with the collapsible wrappers for those two sections. This is not the ideal method, but I can think of no other work-around, as your confirmation has told me what I suspected regarding the widget limitations.

Please review. I’m open to other suggestions if they’re time sensitive fixes.

Thanks.

Hey Lou

OK … well, here’s the quick and dirty. I was tasked with replicating one of our mobile sites in unbounce for the purpose of taking advantage of unbounce’s flexibility with campaigns and tracking.

Below is a copy of the original variant (which used an embedded hard coded form in the HTML widgets):
http://debthelp.consolidatedcredither…

This will not work bc we need to be able to take advantage of the unbounce webhook (db Connector) as our own dB connectors are not accessible from the unbounce platform.

I’m now in the process of rebuilding the original variant forms into unbounce forms and doing away with the collapsible wrappers for those two sections. This is not the ideal method, but I can think of no other work-around, as your confirmation has told me what I suspected regarding the widget limitations.

Please review. I’m open to other suggestions if they’re time sensitive fixes.

Thanks.

Hey Chris - thanks for sharing your use case! Unfortunately, you haven’t missed the mark. Truth be told, this is really stretching the boundaries of what Unbounce is used for.

I will say, if you’re trying to replicate one of your mobile sites in Unbounce for the purpose of A/B testing, you may want to consider using our partner Visual Website Optimizer/a>
They’re not a landing page builder but as an A/B testing platform they could provide you with the functionality to A/B test your mobile page (built outside of the Unbounce platform) with other pages - Unbounce or not. I know this isn’t the ideal answer but I hope it helps!

Hey Chris - thanks for sharing your use case! Unfortunately, you haven’t missed the mark. Truth be told, this is really stretching the boundaries of what Unbounce is used for.

I will say, if you’re trying to replicate one of your mobile sites in Unbounce for the purpose of A/B testing, you may want to consider using our partner Visual Website Optimizer
They’re not a landing page builder but as an A/B testing platform they could provide you with the functionality to A/B test your mobile page (built outside of the Unbounce platform) with other pages - Unbounce or not. I know this isn’t the ideal answer but I hope it helps!