Tracking Pixel

• 14 January 2018
  • 3 replies

Hey,
I’m working with partners and I want to know how much of my clients have clicked on my partner through my website and also how much of them have ordered or book something on the website of the partner but coming from my website?
Can we use a tracking pixel for this? or something else?

Thanks

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @Eve_Ruth,

In theory you can track pretty much everything that happens across the web.

However, in practice there are a lot of complications.

• You should be able to fairly easy track clicks on your own pages. Unbounce allows you to track clicks on links as conversions. Although these are aggregated so at the end you get a total number and not a break down by a particular link.

You can however use Google Analytics to get a better picture of where people are clicking and/or going.

• Tracking sales or other activities on a website that is not yours is not an easy task. Unless your partners agree to your request, there is not much you can do.

If they do agree to allow you to track conversions on their sites, you have a variety of options depending on platforms, tools, etc.

Hopefully this points you in the right direction.

Best,
Hristian

Thank you for your answer.
If my partners agree what will you suggest to track my customers on their website? and how can I check if they finalize the purchase?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @Eve_Ruth,

Probably the easiest way to track purchases on a website you don’t control would be through an affiliate link/system.

If your partners use an affiliate system you can tag your links with the appropriate affiliate code. Most affiliate systems have panels for affiliate partners where you can track your stats.

Another option would be to try and setup cross-domain tracking on your Google Analytics account.

Alternatively, you can setup specific URL parameters and rely on your partners to pull out the relevant data.

These are just a few ideas of the top of my head.

Like I said, it all depends on the level of cooperation you get and your technical skills.

Best,
Hristian