Tracking conversion on embeded forms without using Thank You page

• 5 April 2017
  • 1 reply

I’m wondering if anyone has had success tracking conversions when you are using third party embeded forms. Particularly when you are not redirecting to a Thank You page when the form is submitted.

Currently we use js to un-hide a div upon form submit

// When form is submitted
document.getElementById(‘confirmform’).style.visibility = ‘visible’;

Thank you. We have received your request, and will be in contact with you shortly to schedule a demo.

Would it be possible to modify Unbounces External Conversion Tracking script to fire on submit?

1 reply

Userlevel 6

Hi @mikehbrown this is a tough one since there is no navigation away from the page and the external tracking script fires on page load. The embedded form won’t register as a conversion goal in the builder either as you know. There is an older script written by @Johnny_Opao that can trigger a conversion on the click of a button which might help with this.

I’ve tested it on elements placed with the custom html widget and it works. However it might not work if your embedded form is a javascript embed or being called in using an iframe. Which are the only two ways I’m aware of to embed a form other than copying the html and css directly onto the page.

Is there a specific reason you aren’t using a thank you page or redirecting to a different page? You could use it as an opportunity to further engage your audience or promote a different product/add on. With an added bonus that it would make tracking conversions easier. Since you’re not using an Unbounce form you could trigger a javascript redirect after a certain amount of time after making the div visible.

Hope this helps a bit!