Total unique visitors counter is not correct

• 6 November 2013
  • 6 replies

Total unique visitors counter is not correct (do the math with screen copy att.)
Each page has his own counter : it’s not unique visitors for all the site !
Data collected are not coherent with GA data

6 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi Laurent - Adding up the visitors does tally pretty close to the Total unique vistiors (360) I counted 352. The remaining 8 may be from any previous pages you may have deleted, or if you reset the stats on a page at some point.

As for your GA data not matching up, I recommend starting a support ticket detailing what your getting in GA. This way we can take a closer look at your pages/account to help find where the discrepancy may be.

And the other question ?

Each page has his own counter : it’s not unique visitors for all the site !
This is a disadvantage : we will reach 5000 (i hope so) 2 time faster that it should !

GA data

Userlevel 3

Sorry Laurent I’m a bit unsure what your asking. There is a counter on each page to track it’s individual traffic. The ‘Traffic Usage Meter’ accounts for the total unique views of all your pages combined. The 5000 limit on your subscription is based on the “Total Unique Views” of all your pages combined.

I hope that clarifies things but if i’m misunderstanding your question, let me know!

Each visitor lands on one of my 2 landing pages : he has some choices :

• click on one of 3 offers
  • switch language to french/english version and click on one of 3 offers

As each page has her own unique visitor counter, the total number displayed is the sum of each counter (as you calculate before, roughly 360), but it is not the total number of unique visitors : 180 as computed by GA.

Userlevel 3

Hi Laurent - Thanks for following up. To better handle your questions I’ll continue this conversation through the support ticket we currently have open for you. I have a few questions I’ll also need to ask you about the current setup of your pages.