Solved

Smart Traffic - Visitor Attributes

• 6 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge

I’m planning to test Smart Traffic. In my reading, I’ve been unable to find what visitor attributes are used in the algorithm besides device type and location. Are there others?

Smart Traffic’s AI-powered algorithm learns from a visitor’s attributes, such as location and device type, to send them to the page where they’re most likely to convert. source: https://learn.unbounce.com/try-smart-traffic/

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Jess 6 November 2020, 18:55

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey @icecoldmn, really good question! And I’m excited to hear you’re switching on Smart Traffic.

Smart Traffic learns from:

• Country/Region
  • Timezone
  • Operating System
  • Device
  • Browser

I’m glad you brought this up because I don’t know that I’ve explicitly shared a list of these attributes here in the community.

If you have any other questions about it, I’m all ears. Oh, and if you’re open to sharing – curious to hear what kind of campaign you’re running! Good luck, let me know how it goes!

-Jess

Badge

Thank you Jess.

We are a private company running B2B campaigns for lead generation. We’ve been using Unbounce since 2016 and love it!

I’m not asking for the recipe to your “secret sauce” but is Smart Traffic aggregating user data, or does it only use those attributes to make decisions?

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

My pleasure!

So glad you’re loving Unbounce 🎉 you just made my day.

As for the secret sauce – Unbounce is fully GDPR compliant, and as such, there is no PII (personally identifiable information) stored or used. These attributes that Smart Traffic learns from are strictly, as you said, used to make decisions and route traffic to the variant the visitor is most likely to convert.

Let me know if that answers your question. 🙂

-Jess