Single form on multiple variants/landing pages

• 22 September 2015
  • 5 replies

I run multiple lead gen pages on unbounce for the same product - and we have found that tailoring the message to the specific audience leads to a higher conversion (obviously).

What would be awesome would be to be able to set up something like the A/B testing variants - where you could tailor the page to the audience and then have all of the data feeding into one form - however rather just splitting all the traffic, each variant could have their own link so that you could keep the tailored message.

You would then have one central form and then you would integrate the GA UTM codes in order to see which campaign the lead came from. 

I know that you can force the variant test by using a.html at the end of your URL but as I understand it that doesn’t record statistics. 

5 replies

Hello Tracey,

Welcome to the Unbounce community!  I got a bit lost by your question.  Might you clarify for us so that we don’t go down the wrong rabbit hole?  🙂

First thought is that if you have a CRM utilizing webhooks can transfer all of your data to the same place (obviously) and track which variant generated the lead.  Furthermore, each variant can have confirmation page that is unique. 

Beyond that, I will hold off until you clarify and it might be a good idea to share the landing pages that you are referencing.

Cheers,

Joe

Hi Joe, 

Thank you 🙂 Currently our CRM doesn’t use webhooks, we are clearing them manually. 

I know that each variant can have it’s  own confirmation page but the issue is that I want to create the different variants (tailored to different audiences) and be able to have a specific link to each of those pages to send out in targeted campaigns rather than just split the traffic that goes to them?

So for example say I have a new report on SEO for the gambling market. I would want to send communications all of the following segments, telling them the benefit of the report to them:

Affiliates
Online operators
Land-based operators looking to move online

At the moment - in order to do that you would need to create 3 different landing pages with 3 different forms to have the landing page copy different and be able to send each segment to that specific page tailored to them. 

We would then clear the 3 different forms.

So what I was saying was that it would be cool to have something where you create “one” page - have the different page variants for each target audience and be able to take a specific variant link to send to the target segment you want.

You then track all leads via a GA UTM and all the leads would feed into the same ‘pot’ to export as with normal traffic split variants.

I hope that makes a bit more sense! 

Hi Tracey! 
Was reading through this response and a possible solution dawned on me. Instead of using Unbounce’s built in forms, you could use a form solution such as Wufoo or 123ContactForm and simply place the same form on each separate Unbounce page. That way all the leads will be tracked in the third party form software instead of Unbounce, which you could then export out together rather than separately.

In fact, 123ContactForm even allows the leads to be pushed back into your Leads Database in Unbounce as well (which is handy if you want to know which page they came from).

Could this solution work for you? 

Hey Justin, this is a little off-topic, but I want to do something similar to Tracey. I am using Salesforce and have created 13 different forms using SF code. But I cannot create 13 different Unbounce pages to send traffic to unless they are variants which, of course, cannot all receive 100% of the traffic. Any ideas on what we can do here? So far I cannot get Unbounce tech support to even comprehend what we are trying to achieve…

Hey Justin, this is a little off-topic, but I want to do something similar to Tracey. I am using Salesforce and have created 13 different forms using SF code. But I cannot create 13 different Unbounce pages to send traffic to unless they are variants which, of course, cannot all receive 100% of the traffic. Any ideas on what we can do here? So far I cannot get Unbounce tech support to even comprehend what we are trying to achieve…