Sign-up counter

• 15 September 2020
  • 3 replies

We have a campaign page, with data capture, where we wish to display a counter of those who have signed up to date, in real time. Struggled to find any code or a widget or similar, and Unbounce have directed me here. I wonder if anyone can help? Thanks in advance.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @mosullivan,

You’ll need to interact with Unbounce’s API and write a bit of custom code for your sign-up counter.

There isn’t something ready to use but should be fairly straight forward to develop. It would all depend on your particular tech stack.

The flow would be basically:

1. Page loads
  2. Front-end script pings your back-end
  3. Back-end script pings Unbounce’s API and gets a response. (maybe do a bit of calculations or if it’s a high trafficked page maybe think about some caching. so you only ping the API once every 10min or something like that)
  4. Back-end fires back a number to the front-end script
  5. Front-end script displays it on the page

Obviously, this would happen rather quickly and the counter would show up as the page loads.

Best,
Hristian

Thanks @Hristian. Would you be available for hire or have any recommendations on who I could approach for some custom code?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @mosullivan,

Yes, we do custom integrations and we can help you. Feel free to fill out the “Get a quote” form here and I’ll get back to you with a cost and time estimate.

Best,
Hristian