Should I put a newsletter pop up on a sign-up page?

Hi all,

I have a landing page that encourages people to sign up to our service.

It’s been suggested that we should also collect emails by having a pop-up which encourages visitors to keep up to date with company news. We can then target this list with information and entice them to sign up.

My concern is that the latter will reduce the conversation rate on the website, and I’ve been reading a lot about not giving landing page visitors any choice except to sign-up - so the mailing list might be a distraction.

Any feedback would be great,
Many thanks,
Dan

Hey @db123

This is true …

It’s been suggested that we should also collect emails by having a pop-up which encourages visitors to keep up to date with company news. We can then target this list with information and entice them to sign up.

We do many of these for our clients and typically they have high conversion rates. It is at least worth testing IMO

My concern is that the latter will reduce the conversation rate on the website, and I’ve been reading a lot about not giving landing page visitors any choice except to sign-up - so the mailing list might be a distraction.

Yes, you want to design a closed loop so that the visitor has one option. However, with convertables this can be triggered at different times, like exit. This is designed to increase conversions. You could also add a newsletter signup to the thank you page.

Hope that helps! If you need any help with setting up convertables let me know :slight_smile: