Short code from Wordpress plug-in?

Can I implement a short code from a Wordpress plug-in into Unbounce Wordpress enabled version? I am trying to get a calendar plug-in to work and I want it on my Unbounce landing page. Thank you.

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

A plugin shortcode will only work on WordPress. There may be an embed function that gives you the full code though - what’s the plugin?

Hi Zoe!

I’m having a similar issue, so hoping maybe you can help with mine 🙂

The plugin I’m using is this one - https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-bodymovin/

Would you mind kindly having a look?

Thank you!
Ben

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hey Ben, can you explain a bit more about what you’re trying to do? 🙂

Hey Zoe,

Thanks for the quick reply!

I’m trying to get an animation working on my Unbounce page.

I can get it working on a WordPress page by using the plugin in the previous link and using the short code generated, and now I’m trying to get the short code to work on Unbounce. Have you been able to get any shortcodes working?

Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Ah ok, so the plugins, shortcodes etc… from WordPress won’t work on your Unbounce page. The plugin simply serves the Unbounce page over the WP URL. If you want animations on your Unbounce page, you’ll need to add the scripts directly to the page.

Got it! Thanks very much for your help Zoe!

All the best,

Ben

Hey Ben & Zoe,
I’m having the same issue but seems like you have it resolved. What script did you add to your page? I cannot add the .json file to Unbounce. Any help will me much appreciated.

Hey Adam,

The short answer is that you might be able to do a shortcut by simply saving your animation as a gif and uploading it that way 🙂

Hopefully that works for you, if not, and apologies for the shameless self promotion haha but… I built up a team of freelancers/outsourced support and now offer their services as a digital agency, so we can help with small tasks like this at very affordable rates, here’s our website: https://anditsdone.io/ and here’s my direct email in case you would like our help: ben@anditsdone.io

All the best!

Ben

Thanks Ben. I’ve actually got the gifs uploaded to the site now. Just worried about load speed. I was looking for the script that Zoe mentioned to you to add to the site.

Hey Adam,

Is your page loading slowly for you? If not I’d just stick with the gifs as this might take a while to figure out haha

Zoe didn’t provide a script, she just told me that the plugin wouldn’t work - I had to hire someone in to get it figured out, but the below is what we have on the page. The issue is you have to make sure your script is being exported in the same mode as the player script.

Hopefully this helps! Without getting onto your page and having a look, we’re not able to do more than this I’m afraid. But do let me know if you’d like our services, happy to help out 🙂

All the best!

Ben

Add this to your script manager on the page:

And then add this to the html block where you want the animation to be displayed and after it, add the JSON in tags:

#lottie1d{ height:100%; display:block; overflow: hidden; transform: translate3d(0,0,0); text-align: center; opacity: 1; max-height: 850px !important; }

Awesome! Thanks so much Ben!