Script for Custom Form Field Dropdown

I’m looking for a more efficient way to add a custom dropdown field on a form than manually entering all of the fields in the form editor each time I want to use it. The field is for healthcare provider specialty, and the picklist has roughly 50 values (you can see why it would be a pain to enter them each time). Is there a script that can call on the form and add a field with those dropdown values? In my head I’m envisioning being able to paste the script/stylesheet into the scripts editor whenever a form requires this field since the form code is not readily accessible. Is there a better way to do this?

@Stefano This sounds like something within your wheelhouse, especially with your experience in the health care industry. Any pointers? :slight_smile:

Hi @Riley_Lico1,

Sorry to hear you are running into issues with your forms.

Unfortunately, there is no good way to solve your predicament. Forms with large dropdown fields are indeed a pain to setup.

However, here are a couple of options that might make it a bit easier on you:

1. You can actually copy forms (or any other element) from one LP to another. It’s not ideal but at least if you setup the long dropdown field once, you can copy/paste it into another page.

2. Use a bit of JS/CSS to write a custom dropdown field. Add a hidden field to your Unbounce form and capture the selected value before final submission. This might seem like an easier solution but unless you are really familiar with JS and CSS, I would strongly advise against it.

Hope the above can help you a bit.

Best,
Hristian

Hey Riley!

We’ve run into the same issue with long medical lists.

In an effort to keep them short, we’ve opted for allowing the visitor to complete a single or multi-line field to complete the information themselves. Most of the time, they get this right.

We’ve ran into issues with picklists over 100 values and we felt that the experience wouldn’t be the best.

Happy to provide more insight if necessary!