Salesforce Integration - Company Field

• 5 January 2017
  • 8 replies

We use Salesforce to manage leads. We are a B2C company and using the company field is not necessary. Since “company” is a required field, I’m trying to create my Unbounce forms with company hidden and auto-populated to a standard input. Is there a way to do this? I tried using default value to make it work, but it still shows an error.

8 replies

I think there’s a bug on the Unbounce side. Please let me know if there’s a fix or way around it. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey Austin!

Company is a required field, so you must have something mapped to the Company field in Salesforce. But there’s a workaround for this! What you can do is add a Hidden Field to your form (do so by double-clicking on the form in the Page Builder and then adding a Hidden Field). You can call this Field “Company” and just put anything in the Default Value (there has to be something there, you cannot map a blank value).

You can then map this hidden field to your Company field in Salesforce

Let me know if that solves your problem. ☺

Thanks Jess! I have it working for my forms that are NOT inside a Lightbox. There seems to be a bug with the Lightbox forms and mapping the Company field.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hmm, that’s odd. Would you mind sharing the URL to your page so that we can take a closer look at this? I’m going to loop in @Rob, he’s one of our awesome Support coaches and he has more insight into this. We’ll stand by ☺

http://info.onqpm.com/az-property-management/

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hey @austinbarnes,

You seem to have two variants for this page: A & C.

Variant A: It has the Company field as a normal field and not as a hidden field

Variant C: This one doesn’t have a Company field at all (visible or hidden)

Whichever variant you want to use, make sure you add a hidden Company field and set a value for it.

Best,
Hristian

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thank you!!

*Office: *480.518.9910 | Email: austin@onqpm.com
1011 N. Val Vista Drive, Suite 101 Gilbert, AZ 85234