Redirect Variant

• 25 October 2017
  • 5 replies

Is there a way for me to test an unbounce landing page vs. a redirect directly to our websites application form within unbounce? (ie. 50/50 split)

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you considered using Google Optimize?

We have Optimizely, but I was hoping I could do this within unbounce when testing variations.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @daltman314,

Currently, you can only split-test Unbounce pages.

Stefano is right that if you want to split test an external page vs. an Unbounce page, you would need to use another A/B testing tool like Google Optimize or in your case Optimizely since you already have an account.

Best,
Hristian

Badge +1

It has been a while since this question has been asked. We are in a situation where we currently have paid media traffic going to a specific site (that we have little control over.)

We have reason to believe that an “interstitial” landing page will improve conversion rate. I think we could create a variant with a javascript redirect (which would have the added benefit of giving us conversion rate tracking A vs B right in Unbounce.

Is there a better way to do this other than javascript, and does that create a mobile liability?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @Barry_Elk,

The answer to your questions is that it really depends on what you mean by “we have little control over”.

JS redirects is probably the easiest way to go IF you can add JS snippets to the original page.

Google Optimize is a good and cheap (as in free) solution to split the traffic between the main page and an Unbounce landing page.

Last but not least, you’ll need to clarify what you mean by “mobile liability”?
Unbounce landing pages have a mobile view that kicks in at 600px so visitors with mobile devices would see that version of your landing page.

Best,
Hristian