Recording new leads twice

• 17 April 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi there,

in the past weeks, we’ve seen our standard unbounce forms to record leads twice. Every time someone enters his details on this page https://m.vimcar.de/mandanteninfo_zwei_ebook_bestellen/, we would get the lead details immediately two times.

Is there a way to solve this problem? 🙂

Thanks a lot in advance
Felipe

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are both email notifications coming from the same Unbounce notification address? And do you have any integrations or webhooks set up on the page?

Userlevel 1

Hi Nicholas, thanks for your quick response.

Yes, both emails are coming from the same Unbounce notification address. We don’t have any webhooks set up, but we use zapier to import new leads into our CRM (for at least 2 years now).

Best
Felipe

Hi guys,
I have the same problem. My leads are being recorded twice (three times sometimes) on form submission.

Best regards.

Userlevel 1

Hi guys,

actually, there is a super easy fix (thanks to Jonny Caron from the service support). If you’re experiencing the same problem just follow these 5 steps and you won’t record a single lead many times.

So the GTM and Google Analytics Scripts have recently been updated, so I believe you’re experiencing a problem with the old code. However, it is an easy fix!

1. Go to your script manager
  1. Go into your Google Analytics Script by clicking on the Google Analytics bar
  1. Click the ‘edit script’ button
  1. Do a hard refresh (command + ‘r’) once you’re there then save the script
  1. Repeat steps 3-4 for your Google Tag Manager Script