Pros and Cons of creating a full website with unbounce

• 1 November 2016
  • 6 replies

I know its a stupid topic as unbounce is meant for creating one-page websites / landing pages.

I need to build a new website (around 30 Pages). I have given a try to Squarespace and Wix but I think I am just very used to Unbounce now and love some of its features and integrations which are absent on other website builders.

I just want to know what will be the Pros & Cons of building a whole website with Unbounce?

Is anyone else using Unbounce to create an entire website?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hey @jai,

This has been discussed a few times here in the community but to summarize:

There are plenty of Pros and as an Unbounce customer you’ve already mentioned a lot of them: page builder, integrations, ease of use, etc.

However, Unbounce was never intended for building full websites. Websites, tend to have a lot of repeating elements like headers, footers, etc. These would be a pain to build for each of the 30 pages you’ve mentioned. Not to mention, if you need to change something on these repeating elements - you would have to do it 30 times.

You also have to keep in mind your monthly visits among other things.

I would advise you to build your main site with WordPress and build dedicated landing pages through Unbounce.
The Unbounce WP plug-in allows you to publish landing pages straight to your WP installation.

Best,
Hristian

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Everything @Hristian said!

I HIGHLY advise against building out an entire website with Unbounce. Anything over a few pages Unbounce is not built to handle. WP is always a good choice especially with the Unbounce plugin now. But no matter what platform you use you can still build dedicated landing pages in unbounce.

Can I make a website like hp customer service using unbounce ??? How many plug-ins are there ???

I have done this twice actually. But the entire site was built as a microsite to be A/B tested and a conversion funnel. Long-term this is not a good solution, it’s not easy to do, and will not scale like WordPress will. The major pro? Unbounce Builder is extremely robust!

Example in question: http://www.cronotes.com/

I was wondering the same thing.

Do you know of a similar website builder or WP theme that allows you to design in a similar manner as Unbounce? I was thinking maybe Squarespace but not sure on the flexibility.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hello,

i would higly advise against doing it in Unbounce.

A few month i had to create a LP for a client with 6 pages variants (depending on the kind works you want to make in your house). this was done in unbounce.
then i had to create a mini-site and for this i used Wix, Once you activate the “real” editor you 'll have to get use to it for a few hours, but you’ll learn fast.
Wix is really well made, with tons of feature and you’ll less depend on JS script to modify your html.

here are Two of the 6 LP : https://ma.renovation-reussie.com/renovation-maison
https://ma.renovation-reussie.com/renovation-salle-de-bain/

here is the mini-site: www.renovation-reussie.com

–> it’s in french