Position Absolute removal

• 11 August 2011
  • 3 replies

I’m trying to remove the position absolute from some of my pages. The script i have entered is:

< style type=“text/css”>
.lp-positioned-content{
left:50%;
height:0px;
z-index:1;
}
< /style>

This seems to have no effect.
What am i missing?

3 replies

Hi Duard/Josh, are you trying to make the element “fixed” instead? You’ll need to override the “position” property in your CSS declaration (right now you’re just changing “left”, “height” and “z-index”. You’ll also want to make use of the “!important” rule since the position property is declared inline on the elements. So, try adding:

position: fixed !important;

If that’s the position you want instead of absolute. I’m curious to know what you are ultimately trying to accomplish here. If you like, please feel free to send us a link to support@unbounce.com, or paste it in a comment here if you are comfortable sharing publicly.

Hope that helps.

The page is being shown within an iframe. This position: fixed !important; has seemed to help with internal frame scrolling but the original issue has arose out of the content seeming to be right justified within the iframe (still an issue). I was instructed by the host displaying the content that this was caused by the absolute posistion and that it should be removed.

This worked for me as well, however I also had to override the Unbounce top and left values for my positioning to work, like so:

div #lp-pom-image-87 {
position: fixed !important;
top: auto !important;
left: auto !important;
bottom: 10px !important;
right: 30px !important;
}