Popup embed code conflicting with other popup on page

• 14 January 2019
  • 6 replies

Badge

On some of my landing pages, I have a text link that uses custom javascript to initiate a fancybox, which serves as an overlay to display our privacy policy. The goal is to allow visitors to easily read this info without navigating to a new page.

However, I have found that when implementing Unbounce’s native popup feature, the embed code conflicts with this fancybox, effectively disabling the functionality.

Can anyone suggest a workaround for this? Alternatively, I am open to other suggestions for how to display our privacy policy in a manner that still achieves my goal of not sending visitors to a different page.

Thanks in advance!

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @Andy2,

Maybe I’m missing something here but why are you using 2 different types of popups.

Any particular reason not to use the native lightboxes to display your privacy policy?

Best,
Hristian

Badge

Hi @Hristian, I’d like for the popup with privacy policy to be triggered from a link in text. As far as I have been able to tell, that is not possible to achieve with Unbounce’s native functionality. Am I missing something?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

You can just put a transparent/empty button over the desired text.

It’s a quick hack but should get you the same end result.
Just make sure you place the transparent button over the text on the mobile version as well.

Best,
Hristian

Badge

Thanks @Hristian, that does work.

That said, possible to put on the roadmap to build in that functionality natively?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @Andy2,

I don’t work for Unbounce so I can’t comment on the possibility of new features.

Feel free to post a feature request here in the community since that’s one of the factors the Unbounce team uses to determine future enhancements to the builder.

Best,
Hristian

Badge

@Hristian Whoops, sorry for misunderstanding! Thanks again.