Please Allow A Single Optin Option For Aweber Integration

Please Allow A Single Optin Option For Aweber Integration

17 replies

Yes, PLEASE allow for single opt in!

Yes please allow single optin. I need it for my lead gen sites and this iS stopping me using unbounce atm.

yes same for me, I need this feature.
Also why isn’t it possible to link to a webform in aweber like at leadpages.net ?
so that I can choose the thank you page from aweber too.

Yes please. I need this as well. If I can’t find a way to do single opt-ins, I’m not going to be able to use Unbounce, despite all the great features.

I agree with Douglass

Absolutely would love a single-opt in with Aweber

Thanks everyone for the great feature request!

Here at Unbounce we can completely appreciate the advantages of using a single opt-in with your email marketing. Unfortunately, Aweber doesn’t allow subscribers to be set as single opt-in when using the API integration method.

This is not something that we can change for Aweber - it’s a legal requirement, and it’s set within their API system.

A workaround would be to embed an Aweber form on your Unbounce page with the Custom HTML placeholder widget. If you use a third party form just remember to use our External Conversion tracking script too. Hope that helps!

So Lou Sturm,

What you are suggesting with the custom HTML placeholder widget, is to create the optin form in Aweber, get the HTML code for that optin page and then paste that in the HTML place holder widget in our unbounce optin page?

Is that correct?

Keith

Userlevel 3

Hi Keith - I’m not Lou, but to answer your question: Yes thats correct, simply paste the HTML code of your Aweber form into a CustomHTML widget on our page builder.

Be sure to publish your page to view the form as sometimes Custom HTML doesn’t render within the page builder, or in preview mode.

Is it possible to embed an Unbounce Form Widget into an Unbounce HTML Widget?

Hey Chris - unfortunately you can’t embed an Unbounce form into Unbounce’s Custom HTML placeholder widget. Can I please ask your use case? If I can understand what you want to do I may be able to offer another suggestion or a viable workaround. Thanks!

Hey Chris - Unfortunately you can’t embed an Unbounce form into Unbounce’s Custom HTML placeholder widget. That being said, can I please ask your use case? If I can understand what you want to do, I may be able to offer another suggestion or a viable workaround. Thanks!

Hey Chris - thanks for sharing your use case! Unfortunately, you haven’t missed the mark. Truth be told, this is really stretching the boundaries of what Unbounce is used for. I will say, if you’re trying to replicate one of your mobile sites in Unbounce for the purpose of A/B testing, you may want to consider using our partner Visual Website Optimizer .They’re not a landing page builder but as an A/B testing platform they could provide you with the functionality to A/B test your mobile page (built outside of the Unbounce platform) with other pages - Unbounce or not. I know this isn’t the ideal answer but I hope it helps!

Aweber now allows single opt-in through their API, but only when you are approved for it: http://viralsweep.com/blog/aweber-sin…

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Thanks for bringing this to our attention–I’m going to reach out to AWeber to clarify, but it looks like the permission for single opt-in is handled entirely on AWeber’s side, so this should work with Unbounce’s integration as well.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hey all - thanks to AWeber’s super awesome and lightning quick CS team, I can confirm that once you’re approved by AWeber for single opt-in via the API, there isn’t anything else that needs to happen. You just set it in AWeber and subscribers added via the API will behave the same way as subscribers via AWeber’s forms!

It works now thanks.