Password Protect a Landing Page

I need to create a landing page for internal company use. Is there a way for me to password protect a landing page?

Marci

Hey Marci - right now, there’s no way to password protect a page.

Our Product Team has chatted about this before but we’ve prioritized for other projects, such as our our new feature that allows you to download & upload an Unbounce page as a .unbounce file (this was by far one of our top feature requests).

That being said, we’re always considering new product features! May I ask, what’s your use case? The more we can learn about why this feature is important to you, and for other customers, the more likely we’ll prioritize it on our product roadmap. Thanks for sharing!

I also need to password protect for private sharing, hope this can be prioritized. Thanks

I’d like this feature too!

I want the feature too to make ‘limited offrer’!

This would be extremely helpful, particularly for agencies previewing pages to clients. While we’ve created “staging” subdomains and it’s virtually impossible to guess the precise URL string of a staging page, it makes clients extremely anxious to know that unapproved content is out in the wild anywhere.

Hi Michael - Do you have your clients’ pages split up in different Unbounce Clients? If so, is there something about the Viewer functionality that doesn’t work for previewing? (just trying to gather up your use case for our Product team)

Hi Michael - Do you have your clients’ pages split up in different Unbounce Clients? If so, is there something about the Viewer functionality that doesn’t work for previewing? (just trying to gather up your use case for our Product team)

Hi is this feature implemented by now?

Hi Hameed - this isn’t something that we’ve implemented or are planning on for the near term, since it hasn’t been something that’s been heavily requested.

If you’re just looking to allow for previewing, you can add users as Viewers. Viewer users are free on Pro plans and let a user preview a page and view stats, but not edit anything.

Is there a different use case you’re looking to use password protection for?

Hi Quinn

I would like to be able to password protect as well as we are considering creating a landing page to create a pitch deck.

How would you suggest we execute this?

Hi Simon - to be totally honest with you, if you need password protection for your page, you’ll likely want to use something other than Unbounce. Since we don’t have that functionality built in, you’ll need to use a 3rd party for the account/password/login aspect and you’d definitely need some custom code to obscure/hide the page from people who haven’t logged in.

This should be a feature! Extremely helpful in many cases. I thought for sure this would be a feature and did not even question it but I guess I was wrong. This really should be come a priority. I’m guessing it can;t be that complicated to add. Disappointed. I love unbounce but could be looking around with out this feature.

Just a newbie (1st reply) here but now that we can integrate Unbounce with Wordpress, could we not therefore use Wordpress’s password protection system for this?

Hey John, 
Doesn’t look like that will be possible. When Unbounce takes over a wordpress URL, it takes precedence and overwrites any capabilities that the wordpress page would’ve had. 

Yes, I strongly encourage Unbounce to consider adding password-protection options as well. This is an enhancement which would be greatly appreciated Ð and frankly, would not think too difficult to add. 

Hi Marc, 
Can you give us an example of your use case? Would love to hear more about why you’re looking to use password protected landing pages. 
Thanks!

Hi Justin, 

Thanks for the note back. There are a couple of use cases which password-protected pages would be killer. 

One of these is internal pitches. For example, I found one of the Unbounce templates was perfect for an event I wanted to pitch to our leadership team. After just 30 minutes, I had a nice, clean pitch deck. Problem was that some of the content was a bit sensitive, and I’d ended up leaving some out for this reason. Had I the option of password protecting that particular page, all would have been fine, and I could have included all of the content needed. 

Another use case is for external pitches to customer prospects. Same situation Ð some content would likely be sensitive. 

Please help! Thanks!

Hi Marc, 
Thanks for the detailed explanation. This makes sense for us as we can see how this could be beneficial in a client relationship. I’m going to go ahead and move this from ‘Not Planned’ to ‘Under Consideration’ so my team can take another look. 
Thanks for your feedback!