Pardot Integration

Q: What feature / functionality are you looking for?
A: Integration with Pardot.

Q: What problem are you trying to solve?
A: Pardot form completions are not recorded as unbounce conversions.

Q: If solved, what value would this provide (ex. increased efficiency, cost savings, etc.)?
A: We use Pardot forms in most of our campaigns to funnel leads into our marketing automation platform (pardot). The issue is that they currently don’t register as an unbounce conversion and this creates a lot more work and discrepancy in reporting. This integration would remove the need for the pardot form and cut down a lot of time.

Q: Use Case example? (ex. As a ____ I want to be able to _____ so I can _____.)
A: As an Email and Optimization Coordinator I want to be able to create forms in unbounce that sync the data to my Pardot account so I can cut down my campaign prep time and for ease of reporting.

Q: Is this being solved by another workaround or any other tool today?
A: Partially. There are workarounds that accomplish the task but do not offer the entire capability set.

Hi @Stephanie_Beaven,

Pardot integration has been requested in the past and currently you have a couple of options to accomplish it:

1. Use Zapier to push your leads data to Pardot. (easy to set up and adjust but has a monthly cost)

2. Use a custom webhook data would take the leads data through a webhook again and push it forward to Pardot. (a bit harder to set up and adjust but it doesn’t carry a monthly cost)

Best,
Hristian

I have not had luck using custom webhooks and the Zapier to Pardot feature is considered a premium feature so you can’t get around paying for it.

What I am using right now is Pardot form handlers and the Confirmation option “Post form data to a URL”. I had some issues getting it setup, but realized I just needed to uncheck “append form data to URL” - which wasn’t being accepted by Pardot because it can’t parse data from the URL, only the POST Method. After I figured this out I’ve been to use the completion actions in the form handler to send autoresponder emails and assign users (anything you would typically do with a form completion action). Campaign is selected when you choose which campaign you want the form handler associated with.

You just need to make sure you set up the fields in the Unbounce form and match them into Pardot. You can also sync hidden fields.

Another thing that helped me cut down on the number of forms needed was to use one form, and pass a hidden field with the name of the form they were submitted on. If they complete multiple forms, this may be an issue of overwriting the field, but I think you can have pardot track multiple entries to get around that.

I am having the same issue. I need to post to a Pardot form handler (to assign completion actions in our system) as well as append form data to the confirmation page, where there is a second form where the user can provide additional information (and they should not have to complete their email address etc again). The form handler does not work if you append the form data to the URL.

The workaround I was given was Zapier too, which is not a solution for us. It still doesn’t post to the form handler and as you mention, carries a monthly cost.

I have requested another solution, so hopefully there will be one.

Partially. There are workarounds that accomplish the task but do not offer the entire capability set.

This is the thing. It only works partially. With Zapier, it overwrites the “campaign” field, which is really the first touch point, so if someone you already have in your database uses a form, you start from the beginning with them.

I understand that with only about 4-5% of the total marketing automation market share it might be hard to justify putting time into the integration, but it would sure be lovely to have one. :slight_smile: