Organizing and automatic names in Content Tree

1: What feature / functionality are you looking for?

Drag & Drop in the Content Tree and automatic pre-name for elements (like the text).
Or at least functionality to move elements up/down in the page tree

2: What problem are you trying to solve?

Better overview when using templates and organizing elements.
It is a Drag and Drop page builder after all :wink:

3: If solved, what value would this provide (ex. increased efficiency, cost savings, etc.)?

Better overview, time saved for naming elements

4: Use Case example? (ex. As a ____ I want to be able to _____ so I can _____.)

As marketer I want to get a quick overview over elements so I can save time to optimize the landingpage

5: Is this being solved by another workaround or any other tool today?

I don’t think so.

Hi @ChrisCross

Thanks for sharing your feedback! I’m the Sr. Product Manager for the Builder. I was wondering what you meant by “pre-name for elements”? Could you elaborate what you would expect to happen if this functionality existed?

Jordana

Hi @Jordana,
thanks for replying. Of course :slight_smile: :
If I select an element it gets the name of the element. That’s alright.
But e.g. if I make a list of advantages I should rename them to Advantage 1, Advantage 2,… to get a better overview.
This only makes sense when I can put them in the right order in the content tree.

It would be easier to identify if the element sports the actual text from the and adopts if changed. Or have the option to use a steady name instead.

I know this from other page builders I used.

Christian

Ahh gotcha. You do have the option to set element names via the Content tree, though it may not be super obvious - just double-click on the element name and you can set it to anything you want :slight_smile:

Yes, of course I know ;-). That’s why asked for this feature. Because when I change text in the element or use it for seomething different, then I have to change the name in the content tree, too.