Oracle Eloqua Integration

Does anyone know if the post to URL feature still work? I seem to recall testing this with some success about a year ago, but I recently started working on this again and I can’t seem to get data to pass over to Eloqua correctly. Eloqua seems to receive the form submission but the form data isn’t being written to Eloqua? These fields are showing as blank in the form submission data.

Thanks!

Hi @clloyd01,

It’s been a while since I’ve helped a client push form data to Eloqua but if memory serves me right, you need to have a few hidden fields that you need to pass as well as some script you need to add to the page.

Also, have you considered using a webhook and a backend script to handle the integration since it would be more secure?

Best,
Hristian

Thanks Hristian - any other details that you can recall would be appreciated. I don’t recall any hidden fields being needed…

No, I hadn’t considered webhooks + a script because the data doesn’t need to be secure…these are mainly contact request forms without any sensitive data.

Hi @clloyd01,

Usually the URL you are posting to is a generic URL so you need those hidden fields which have an ID of sorts and when the form data hits the URL these hidden fields help direct it to the proper place.

Best,
Hristian

Hi there,

I am dealing with the same question. I have created a test page and added in the client’s eloqua URL

https://#####.t.eloqua.com/e/f2 (# is dummy data for security) but I have placed the correct URL on the form. When it asks me to map it I am seeing default fields. Other than adding the URL, what else should be done? We have submitted a test lead and I am waiting to see if it went through. Being proactie assuming it didn’t.

Thanks!