Optomize my landing page to capture maximum leads

• 23 March 2017
  • 3 replies

Hello,
I’d like your advice on the best way to make the design of my page easier to read and digest. The goal is for visitors to browse webinars and tell me which one they are interested in learning more about and staying informed on future scheduling dates.

Give there is a lot of text. How do you suggest I go about this?
http://register.shareablee.com/webinar-calendar/

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hey @Nathalie this a good start, but I have some Qs and recommendations.

Let’s start with the questions. In order to give better feedback it is important to know:

• Who is this page for? I ask because there is very little information here as to what the webinars are about, we have a title and brief description, but that is not enough to entice people to signup. Is the audience already familiar with your product, brand, etc? Which leads me to the next question …
  • Where is the traffic coming from? Is the audience being built via ppc, social, email, etc? I ask because, like the above question, there’s not much information about the webinars.

A few recommendations to start

I understand with so many webinars it can be scary to decide to put so much information on the page. I’m always telling my clients to condense copy. However, there are always exceptions to that rule. We have done a lot LPs for this type of conversion (webinars, classes, workshops, etc) and what we’ve learned is 2 key things:

1. If you can build an LP for just one webinar it is best. Target an audience based on that topic and you will get more qualified leads and higher conversion - focus is everything. Once they’re signed up you can send them more info on webinars in a bunch of different ways.

2. Believe it or not, but when written right long LPs can equally drive high conversions. We ha tested pages that have multiple course/class/workshops/webinar descriptions and with the right targeted audience they will read and convert. It is all about how you lay it out and present it.

Webinar panels
Consider designing a panel for each webinar. Include more than the title and description.

• takeaways
  • incentives
  • who’s running it
  • price
  • duration
  • who is it for

Other things to consider

• Reserve my spot, although a good CTA, in this circumstance is not really the case. This is more about garnering interest. How can they reserve a spot for a webinar when they have no date or cost, etc. I would make it more about “Put me on the list” or “Keep me in the loop”. But, that works based on having all the webinar info there. With the current amount of info it’s more like “learn more”
  • The form should be in it’s own panel. With a strong call to action next to it, maybe a testimonial. I would also encapsulate it (put it in a box or add a border around it) this is a good tactic for contrast and pushing the users eyes towards it.
  • Add testimonials of past attendees, need to build trust.
  • I took a lot at you main site https://www.shareablee.com/ it is really nice. I would incorporate more design elements from your brand on the LP. like: big hero with image in the background, seperation of panels with blues and reds, and more photography or icons.

I hope that helps. I’d love to chat more about this if you want some help ping me.

@digibomb
Thank you so much for your feedback. I’ve shared your feedback with our designer and we are are working on edits now.

In terms of answering your questions.
This page is for our current client and newsletter/blog subscribers. We will only include this link on communications to people already familiar with our brand. As soon as we have dates we will build a custom landing page for each webinar.
So the goal of this page is to help people familiar with our brand to know what’s in the pipeline and for us to get a targeted group of people to follow up with vertical specific information throughout the year.

Based on these answers do you have any other tips/suggestions? Thank you thank you!

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hey @Nathalie

This page is for our current client and newsletter/blog subscribers.

Ahhhh. So, then I would be more personal in the message. Have the value prop thanking them for being members. Make it about them, so for example “As a valued shareablee member/subscriber we’d like to give you first crack at our upcoming webinars” or something along those lines.

I would still add the extra content and maybe test it against a shorter version.

Where I’m confused however is …

So the goal of this page is to help people familiar with our brand to know what’s in the pipeline and for us to get a targeted group of people to follow up with vertical specific information throughout the year.

If they are already readers/subscribers/members are they not already familiar with your brand? What is the brand message you want them to get here?