New to this...would love some feedback on my Marine Landing Page

• 4 February 2019
  • 5 replies
  • 1 view

1: What challenge are you currently trying to solve? Give as much detail as possible
Trying to increase awareness of our marine pile restoration division, leveraging our well-known Five Star brand.

2: How are you driving traffic to your page?
We are going to use this to send out in email blasts, add to email signatures and post on LinkedIn.

3: What is your conversion goal?
To have viewers contact us for a quote.

4: Provide a link to your published landing page / convertable:
ex. http://www.landingpage.com/
https://get.fivestarproducts.com/marine/

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there!

The link above does not seem to be working.

Oops! So sorry. I just published it to its permanent URL: https://get.fivestarproducts.com/marine/

Looks like a great start! I know very little about your industry, but want to try and give some feedback on the page itself.

First thing I’d improve is to put a big CTA (Call to action) button on the initial screen. This can link down to the footer, to the ‘Get a quote’ form.

Looking at your ‘Get a quote’ form; you don’t really ask information that will lead to being able to make a quote, right? It might make sense to reduce the amount of form fields so it’s easier to fill out. I think best is to get people to contact you with as less hassle as possible, so you can do your sales over the phone / email. Reducing the amount of fields someone needs to fill in might help with that.

I would make all phone number links clickable, you would have to turn them into links starting with tel:. For example 1-800-243-2206 with a href of tel:18002432206. That way people can click the link if they’re using a device that’s capable of calling (like a mobile phone). I see you did the same with the email links (mailto:name@email.com).

It’s not clear what the ‘Pile Encapsulation Systems’ header belongs to. This has a light blue bubbly background, then there’s a blue line and then there’s the rest of the copy with a white background. I’m assuming that ‘Pile Encapsulation Systems’ belongs to the text underneath? I’d put the title on the white background as well. Perhaps make it blue to stand out.

Same goes for the ‘Get a quote’ buttons. These have a blue background, on their own, which makes them feel separated of the rest. Take the first ‘Get a quote’ button after the copy about ‘PileFormTM F FRP’. One would likely click that button when they got interested in the PileForm F FRP, so it would make more sense if that button was part of the PileForm F FRP area. I think you can achieve this by removing the blue background and adding some margin underneath the button to separate it from the PileForm W product. You can do the same with the second CTA.

Few small points:

• The line height (vertical spacing between text lines) of the paragraph text of ‘Extend the life of your existing piles’ is a bit off, maybe reduce it
  • James Tate’s photo and contact details are a few pixels lower than the other people
  • Share on LinkedIn button doesn’t work for me
  • Maybe add links to your Twitter / LinkedIn, besides the sharing buttons
  • The size of the phone number in the footer can be increased

Hope this helps! Feel free to ask any questions as well.

Sander

Sander,

Wow! Wow! Wow! This is great feedback! We are a B2B and sell through distribution. You have made some valid points and I have implemented your suggestions. I didn’t even know
that a phone number could be made into a link for mobile phones. That inspired me to use icons for the phone and email instead of the text to make that part of the page cleaner.

I can’t thank you enough for the time you took to review this page for me. It’s very much appreciated!

I’m sure I’ll have a million questions in the future!
😊

Take care,

Michelle

The changes look great, Michelle! Glad I could help and glad it’s appreciated.

Best,

Sander