*NEW* advanced features for popups & sticky bars: A/B testing, city-specific targeting and scheduling

• 2 January 2018
  • 6 replies

Since launching popups in November 2016, Unbounce’s website conversion tools have come a long way.

We’ve consistently been adding new and updating existing features, not to mention adding a whole new web conversion tool to our platform: Sticky bars.

But few enhancements have been as exciting — and frankly as out of the blue as the one I have for you today.

See, just before the holidays, Unbounce Product Owner Cole Derochie came to me and said, “Hey, so I know we were gonna wait until next quarter to launch A/B testing for sticky bars and popups, but we figure we can actually ship it in a few weeks.”

image7

So, folks, allow me to introduce to you to our not one, not two, but three game-changing popup and sticky bar enhancements, just in time for your 2018 campaigns…

A/B testing for popups and sticky bars

👈
Just like with landing pages, you can now validate and optimize your sticky bars and popups.

image6
The same A/B test centre you know and love, but now for popups and sticky bars.

Make the most out of your website traffic by comparing two or more variations of your sticky bar or popup with an A/B test to determine which results in the highest conversion rate. Then, promote the champion and repeat — the sky’s the limit!

City-specific geo-targeting

👈
Now you can get even more specific with who you show (or don’t show) your sticky bars and popups to thanks to city-specific geo-targeting.

image5
Include or exclude visitors based on their location. Go broad with region-, country- and even continent-specific targeting, or get granular with city-specific targeting.

Skip the spray and pray method and get your regional promotions and offers in front of exactly the right visitors.

Set-it-and-forget-it scheduling

👈
Reserve your brain power for important campaign work. Start and stop your sticky bars or overlays according your campaign plan without having to check back.

Spend your mental energy for running kickass campaigns, not remembering to turn your popups and sticky bars on and off.

Now you can easily schedule seasonal campaigns or time-boxed promotions that start and stop showing to your visitors when you want, so you don’t have to remember to turn them on, or turn them off.

What do you think about our new enhancements?

👈

And if you have any questions or feedback, drop me a comment — I’m happy to help!

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

THIS. IS. HUGE. What a way to kick off the new year!! 🍾 🎉

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Woo hoo!!! 4 days in and new features already! :partyparrot::partyparrot::partyparrot:

Amazing addition to Unbounce, love it!

Just one quick question: is it possible to have one landing page with two variants, one containing a pop-up or sticky bar and one variant without any? If so, how can we do it?

Hi @RubenTjon,

Yep, it sure is. All you have to do is add the script to the variant you wish it to trigger on and not the other. Then use the normal url for the page when configuring the popup or sticky bar.

Let me know if you’ve any further questions.
Regards,
Brian

We’re looking forward to using the city-specific targeting but haven’t increased our subscription level yet to have access to it. I have two questions before we do: is there logic available to target three cities, for example, and then the rest of a country besides those three cities, each of those four user groups with their own pop-up? And can you target multiple cities with one pop-up (like two neighboring cities) or just one at a time?

Hey @Anna_Welch,

1. Yes. There are lots of potential combinations of show/don’t show for countries, regions and cities.
  2. Yes. A popup/sticky bar can target multiple locations.

Let me know if you’ve any other questions.